Tuesday, March 1, 2016

He Never Leaves Me

Deuteronomy 31:6  Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. NIV

Last week, my daughter had a small surgery scheduled. I went to Louisiana to help her with the baby while she recovered. I spent 4 days with them then drove home, had a wedding to photograph, and got sick with the flu.  Before I knew it, a week had gone by without me spending any time at all with God, other than lying in bed, praying to live.  

How easy it is to let life get in the way of our time with God!  My days go so much better when I take the time to begin the day with Him.  Let’s see.  I can sit down, have my coffee, open Facebook or open my Bible.  That’s not a big decision.

Hey God, help me to start my day with You.  I know that there will be times in my life with I will be so busy that I will be tempted to put you on the back burner and get to You soon.  I know that’s not ok, God.  I’m so thankful that You don’t treat us like that.  You never leave us. For that, I am so grateful.  Again, thank You for your unending grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment