Monday, March 21, 2016

The Season of "Mommy"

Proverbs 31:27  She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. NIV

Yesterday, I had a photography session with a young mom. We were to meet at a local rec field because her 3 year old is in his first year of t-ball.  Sunday, after church.  The field should be quiet, right?  Wrong.  There were probably 1,000  moms and dads watching their children play ball.  When did this happen?  

Back in “the day”, Sunday’s were a day of rest.  Now know, that I’m not talking about playing ball on Sunday.  I’m talking about this:  Moms, you already have full time jobs.  You have children, school, dance, homework, laundry, dinner to make, dishes, baseball, softball, and the list goes on and on.  I can remember sitting sideways on a bleacher, because my son played t-ball on one field and my daughter played softball on the other.  We’d finish the game, go through a drive-thru for a burger, hurry home for baths, and then homework, then fall into bed, exhausted.   Then I’d think….I guess I’ll do the laundry tomorrow.  

God, today, I ask you to bless the overwhelmed Mommies of today’s world.  They already have so much on their overloaded plate.  There will be days when they just can’t get everything done. Please, watch over them as they watch over their household.  Help them lean on You as they try to find balance in this season of their lives.  Thank you for your unending Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment