Thursday, February 25, 2016

You Make Me Crazy~

Proverbs 29:22  An angry person starts fights; a hot-tempered person commits all kinds of sin. NLT

In our lives, we will have people who just absolutely rub us the wrong way.  It doesn’t matter how hard they try, or how hard we try, we will never get along with them.  When it’s family, it makes it twice as hard.  Aren’t we supposed to love our family unconditionally?  Probably so, but sometimes we have to love them from a distance.  If personalities are so different that a person drives you crazy, then chances are you make them just as crazy.  Walk away.  Pick your battles.  Don’t let miserable people draw you into their misery.  On the same line of thought, don’t let your hang ups make them miserable.  It is totally ok to set boundaries and then follow through with them.  Isn’t that hard to do, though?

The older I get, the less stress I can take in my life.  It’s easier to just remove myself from the relationship and put up a wall.  If I don’t, then I find myself either trying to defend myself, trying to prove that I’m right, apologizing, or just completely pissed off.  

Hey God, this is the second verse you’ve showed me this week about anger.  Maybe it’s time to realize that not every relationship I have is going to be like peanut butter and jelly.  Some are like fire and gasoline.  I can’t fix everything, but You can.  Thank You for your amazing patience with me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment