Thursday, March 24, 2016

Grace and 7 Year Olds~

James 4:6  But He gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble. NIV

Humility.  If ever a person needs to be humbled, just let them talk with a child for about 15 minutes, little no-filtered darlings that they are.  

In addition to writing blog posts, I have been trying my hand at writing a children’s book.  I have been sending chapters to a friend of mine so that she could bounce it off her little boy, who is my “target” age for the book.
They are giving me great feedback.  I’m feeling pretty good about myself.  
My blog has almost 600 followers, and my little book is almost finished.  I’m thinking I’m pretty important.

So, Sunday came around and I get to be introduced to my little editor.  His little eyes light up when he realizes who I am.  He says, “I love your book, but I thought you were young.”  Oh my gosh.  His mom almost died right there.  The dad, trying to help, said, “She is young, she’s just trapped in that old body.”  Well, I got tickled.  I may have snorted I laughed so hard.  
This is exactly what I needed to keep me grounded.  If ever I needed grace, it was right then!!

God, I needed to be humbled.  I was feeling mighty proud of myself.  I need to remember that everything good that I do on this earth comes from You.  Thank You for your favor in this season of my life.  Grace and humility….got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment