Friday, March 4, 2016

Sharing Your Faith ~

2 Corinthians 9:13  Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

Last year, I watched a friend of mine go through one of the hardest years of her life.   Within a 6 month period, her husband was deployed, her mother died suddenly, and she suffered through the death of another person very dear to her.  She suffered so much grief at the hands of people who, by blood, are family, but weren’t acting like family at all.  Her world, literally, fell to pieces around her and her young children.

I remember sitting at her kitchen table with her, trying to find words to comfort her.  I could see in her heart that she was broken and empty and lost.  You know what she said to me?  “I am so angry.  This is so unfair.”   But what impacted my life forever was what she said next.  My friend looked at me with the saddest eyes, swimming with tears and said, “But, I know God has a plan.  I know that He will see me through this.  I refuse to let this get me down.”  In her grief, her sorrow, her brokenness, my friend had comforted me.

God, all day long I’ve been thinking of this strong woman.  Sometimes I struggle with a topic that I feel that You’d like for me to share with others.  Today, there was no doubt.  I know You put people in our lives to impact us in a way that leaves us changed.  Today, I thank You for this lady.  I pray you give her beauty for those ashes.  She isn’t ashamed of You, God, no matter what life has dealt her.  I pray You use her mightily in Your Kingdom.  I pray that I learn from her example, too.  Help us to know that no matter what we go through in our lives, You will be with us.  Your grace is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment