Thursday, March 17, 2016

I Love Jesus, but....

Proverbs 28:13  Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

You should see the look on people’s face when I tell them the name of this blog.  It happens a lot.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard, “Oh, isn’t that cute.”  And, once again I find myself explaining that we all have a “but” in our lives. We all fall short of a perfect life no matter how much we love Jesus.

A friend and I were texting back and forth today about how to handle negative reactions to my blog.  Belinda always has the right words to encourage.  I lean on her a lot.  But, then we got silly.  We started naming the “buts” in our lives.

I Love Jesus, but Sometimes I Fish on Sunday.  I Love Jesus, but My Husband Can Be a Man.  I Love Jesus, but My Kids are Brats.  I Love Jesus, but Did You See What She Was Wearing? Or even I Love Jesus, but I Don’t Always (gasp) Read the KJV…..

What are the “buts” in your life?

God we are such a work in progress.  Everyone of us are.  Thank You so much for showing us mercy when we confess our “but”.  Thank You for sending my friend at just the right time.  Thank you for humor and silliness.  Loving Jesus is the best thing I’ve done in my life, but, as hard as I try, I will never be perfect.  Thank you for sending Your Son to take care of the “buts” in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment