Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Greatest of These ~

1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13
Love is patient, (especially when we both have the flu)
love is kind. (does only thinking I want him to stop whining count?)
It does not envy, (he’s sleeping like a baby, I’m coughing my head off)
it does not boast (yes, I know nobody has EVER been as sick as he is)
it is not proud. (You drank all of your water….good boy)  
It does not dishonor others (I wasn’t talking about you to my mom!!!) ,
it is not self-seeking, (Please, Jesus, let him see that I’m sick, too) ,
it is not easily angered (oh yay!!  I get to change the sheets again because you’re sweating now) ,
it keeps no record of wrongs…(see above)
Love does not delight in evil (your head hurts, I got it)
but rejoices with the truth (thank you for letting me know you feel bad for the 36th time this hour).
It always protects (bless his heart, he’d die if I didn’t),
always trusts (he knows I will baby him),
always hopes (ha!!),
always perseveres (because I’m the wife and I have to).
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  (Honestly, it is).
Hey God, thank You for letting us survive this sickness with our humor somewhat intact.  Thank You for making wives tough enough to survive sick husbands, especially when we are sick, too.  I’m truly thankful for my husband, even now.  I’m sure there are lots of women who’d trade places with me in a minute.  Thank You for choosing me to be his wife.  Love is the greatest.





No comments:

Post a Comment