Tuesday, March 8, 2016

What Just Came Out of Your Mouth?

Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.  ESV

“Oh look, the douche is here.”  Yes, the mom actually said this to her little boy when, I’m assuming, the boy’s daddy pulled up.  I wish that people would think before they say things like this to a child.  My heart hurt so badly for the little boy.  If he hears this, I wonder just what else his little brain has to process.  

I’m sure that I have said stupid things to my children, especially when I was feeling insecure and threatened.  I wish that I hadn’t.  But, that’s the thing about words.  You can never, ever, ever unsay them.  Words are so powerful.  

God, there are so many hurting people in this world. Today, I pray especially for protection on the little people who are caught in the crossfire.  I hope that tonight, You show this blog post to someone who may not realize how their words are hurting their children.  A parent’s job is to protect, love, and build up their children.  Give them the grace to remember, God.  Forgive me for being on a judgmental soapbox, too.  I think I saw me, and I didn’t like it very much.  Thank You for Your saving grace, God.  I’m not where I want to be, but thanks to You, I’m not where I was, either.  Thank You~

No comments:

Post a Comment