Sunday, March 13, 2016

Accountability for My Mouth~

2 Corinthians 6:3  We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited.  NIV

Yesterday, I met with friends who are also clients of mine.  We cut up and played and enjoyed our photo session  I laughed and truly enjoyed myself.  One of the members of the group had not met me before.  I can be bold, direct, and blunt.  The mom said to the guy, “See, I told you she was funny.”  He said, “But what does her shirt say?”

Here’s the kicker.  I was wearing my blog t-shirt;  A hot pink t-shirt that says in large letters: “I LOVE JESUS” and in small letters under it, “but I cuss a little.”  

I think I had said “ass” or something.  I don’t even remember the cuss word I used.  But, I failed…..I met a new person and instead of seeing Christ in me, he read my shirt, heard my words, and called me out.  Talk about convicted!!!  I wanted to say that I have come so far, or that he should have seen be last year, or make some other excuse.  The truth is, God used a new person in my life to hold me accountable.

God, You’re working on me.  Again.  I do love You.  And I do cuss a little.  I won’t even make the excuse that I have changed or that I’m working on it or whatever.  I’m just going to say that I am thankful for Your forgiveness.  If I’m going to step out for You, then I’m going to have to step up for You. I’ll never be perfect in this earthly body, but I’m going to give it my best shot.  Thank You, again, for your Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment