Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Plan ~

John 19:26  “When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, "Woman, here is your son,"  and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home.

Easter has always held a special meaning for me.  As a mother of a son, my heart just aches for Mary.  I see her standing at the foot of the cross.  I see her weeping.  I see her broken and helpless as she watches her son beaten and spit on.  I see her pain as she watches Jesus suffer and die.  I see her looking up onto that cross, where her child hangs, wishing she could take his pain from him.   I hear Him call her “Woman”, instead of “Mother”, so that he didn’t identify her to the crowd and to make sure His mother was cared for after His death.  I see the disciple hold Mary, as she watches her Son give up his spirit.  I cannot imagine seeing my son die such a horrible death.  And yet, Mary, as broken as she was, followed ‘the plan’.

God, today, I am overwhelmed by “the plan”.  My heart is broken.  So many times, I just take my salvation for granted.   There is so much more than “Jesus was born to a virgin, He lived, He died so that we can have eternal life.”  Many sacrifices were made.  There was much heartbreak. And yet, You did all of that for us. Mother’s should be willing to do anything for their children.  But, Mary, just wow…..I’m so thankful that she was obedient and followed “the plan”.  Thank You, God, for “the plan”.

No comments:

Post a Comment