Sunday, January 31, 2016

He Knows The Plan

Jeremiah 29:11  “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Sometimes, I just don’t know what to write.  I have learned to wait on God.  He never fails to reveal to me what it is that I need to share with you.  Yesterday, I saw a post from Tiffany, a long-time friend of mine.  It stopped me in my tracks.  Part of it says this; “A friend recently asked me what my long term goals were and it occurred to me that I have been so consumed with trying to navigate my way through the present that I haven’t bothered to even consider long term goals.”

This is so true in this now season of my life.  I am so consumed with making ends meet, my work, my family, and so forth that I have totally forgotten about tomorrow. Long term goals, huh? Where do I see myself in 10 years?  I don't know.  Where I would like to see myself is retired and spending time with my grandchildren.  But, in 10 years, they will be all grown up.  Finding balance between now and tomorrow takes obedience, dedication, and self-control. I pretty much fail at all three of those.

The Bible tells us that God knows the plans He has for us. Sometimes I sure wish He'd make those plans obvious so that I'd know what they are, too. Wouldn't life be so much easier?  Am I the only one who is middle-aged and still wandering?  What are your long term goals. Are you prepared for your future?

Hey God, it's me again. This week you used a friend’s words to make me think about what I'm doing with my life. You have plans for me to prosper. I keep getting in my way, God. I know that my future is to spend eternity with You in Heaven. My now needs to be guiding me towards that goal. I'm not sure where You want me right now, God. I'm not sure where You want me tomorrow and the next day, either. You know the plans You have for me. Help me to listen to my heart when You're sharing those plans with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment