Tuesday, January 26, 2016

In Due Season

Galatians 6:9  And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Yesterday and today, I struggled with a topic for my blog.  I don’t want to write words to just write words, I want to be obedient to Him.  I googled and read and prayed and so forth.  I also felt a little sorry for myself. I was growing weary.  I want this blog to do well.  I want other women to connect with what God is revealing in my life and in turn feel encouraged.  I want to connect with other women who may struggling so we can support each other.  God does some pretty cool stuff if we just be still and listen.  Well, I have a hard time with being still and an even harder time with listening.

For 5 years, I have volunteered my photographic services for an organization.  At the end of last season, I was weary.  I felt like I had been totally used up, taken advantage of, and maybe ...well, used. I was pretty sure I was finished with giving away my work.

Last night, God led me to a room of 270 people at a local church. This church is doing an amazing project in the community and I wanted to be a part of it.  I knew plenty of people.  I spoke to several and hugged necks.  I was excited to be there, but I felt out of place on where I volunteered  to help with this project.  I knew in my heart that something was off.  I wasn’t listening.

Before I knew what hit me, I was being moved from the group I had volunteered to be in to a group I had not signed up for.  I’m setting back, resisting, and trying to explain, and my friend, Jennie Ann, is dragging me up the aisle.  After a few moments of extreme discomfort, I just gave in and got still and listened.  I found myself surrounded by like-minded people.  I found myself reaping joy at the new assignment I had been given.  I begin to get excited with the opportunities that had just been dumped in my lap. Oh my goodness!  I was reaping possibilities.

Hey God, again this morning, I sat down to write.  What I started with is not what I finished with.  You do that to me a lot!! One way or another, You are going to place me where You want me to be.  Sometimes, You will use friends like Jennie Ann to drag me around.  I love you, God.  You’re amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment