Friday, January 22, 2016

One Of Those Days...

Psalms 51:10 - Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

I didn't have a very good day. I overslept a little and then a client called and then I was late to my first appointment. I don't handle late well at all. I was in a foul mood most of the day. I said “dammit” more than once. It's a good thing we don't live in the times of having to offer sheep for sacrifice to get forgiveness. My pasture would have been empty today. I'd probably have to steal sheep from my neighbor to sacrifice, too.

I didn't take the time to just stop and regroup. Well, I was running late so I didn't have the time to stop, but I did have the time to regroup. I sure didn't have to waste a whole day with a bad attitude. But you know what? We all have days when we are just off balance. That's one of the greatest things about the love of Christ. When I realized that I needed to get over myself, all I had to do was ask God for forgiveness for my attitude and my language. I had to mean it...and I did.

Hey God, I wasted over half of a day that You blessed me with today. I sure am sorry that I let You down. I'm sorry that I let me down, too. This changing thing is going to be a work in progress. I know that days like today help us build our testimony. You know, where we are...where we should be.  Once again, I thank you for your mercy and your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment