Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sinner, Sinner

Matthew 7:1-6  Don’t criticize (judge), and then you won’t be criticized (judged).  For others will treat you as you treat them.

Okay, so I’m judgmental.  About everything.  I form an opinion pretty fast, especially when I think I’m being judged.  Sinner, sinner, chicken dinner… I’m defensive, too.

I’m excited about what God is doing in my life!  I’m thankful that He is helping me write and share and learn and grow.  However, (there is always a ‘however’) it seems like every time I get a chance to share what is happening in my life, I get the look when I share the name of this blog.  It really happens a lot in a church setting, because real Christians don’t cuss, right?  Wrong.  They might not say an actual curse word or use foul language, but somehow, every day of their lives, sin just happens.  Sometimes, I think that a judgmental attitude of church-goers is exactly what keeps new Christ-followers from being church-goers!  Isn’t this a nasty cycle Satan is trying to create here?  Somebody hurt my feelings, so I am defensive, then I get judgmental, then I feel insecure.  Stop it!!!  Satan, you just need to go back to hell and leave me alone.

Hey God, You know how I am when I get my feelings hurt.  Help me to stay encouraged when I am discouraged by others.  This isn’t about me.  It’s about telling others what You are doing in my life. Help me to learn from this.  Help me to know the whole story before I jump to a conclusion.  Help me to ask if I don’t understand.  Forgive me for having an attitude.  I’m pretty sure I was a hypocrite today.  Forgive me…..again.  Thank You for Your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment