Thursday, January 7, 2016

Get Out of My Head



2 Thessalonians 2:16-17  Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word. NIV

Do you have a secret desire in your heart?  Is there something you would love to accomplish but you just don’t have the courage or the confidence to step out and try?  Do you fear what others may think or that you will not be good enough?  Let me tell you something.  Every person on this earth suffers from doubt sometimes.  You are no different, no less worthy of greatness, no less able to accomplish your dreams, than any other person.  Sometimes, the greatest barrier will be the doubts that you plant in your own head.  Get out of your head. Tell yourself to leave you alone.

When I first had the desire in my heart to write devotionals, I didn’t move forward with it for almost a year.  I talked to a few people and hinted around that I’d love to encourage other women to be strong in their lives.  Some of my friends were really encouraging.  Others, who know my past, laughed.  

When God lays something on your heart, eventually you will have to do something about it.  He will encourage and remind and plant seeds of hope until you obey him.  I began to write, praying and choosing my scriptures carefully. I am really enjoying writing, but Satan is doing his destroy my joy. I am weak in the self-confidence area of my life.  I am a quitter.  It’s much easier to just give up than to stay and fight.  Not this time.  It doesn’t matter if I reach one or reach many, God said for me to write, and I will.

What is it that you would love to do?  Do you want your own business?  Do you want to go back to school?  These seeds of promise come from our God.  The seeds of doubt, the “I can’t”, “You will never,” the “What makes you think”, are from the enemy.  Satan does not want us to succeed and he certainly does not want us to give God the glory for our success.  I want you to know that if God is with you, no one can be against you.  Not your friends, not your neighbor, not your family, not even yourself.   You have everything you need inside of you to be successful.  It’s very important for all of us to keep praying and working towards our goal.  One of the greatest lessons I learned is that “not now” does not mean “not ever”.

Women are mighty.  We are strong.  We are successful.  We can accomplish whatever God lays on our hearts to do.  Don’t believe Satan when he tries to make you believe you are not worthy. God will give you the ability to be all that He has designed you to be. Keep yourself aligned with your goals. Keep praying.  Keep asking God for direction and guidance.  Above all, remember to thank Him for believing in you and trusting you to do what he has laid on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment