Sunday, February 21, 2016

Shine Your Light~

Matthew 5:16  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

I spent 7 1/2 hours driving on the Interstate today.  I had to fight to remember that all of these people driving these vehicles around me were God’s children, too.  Let me just say that there are some crazy driving children of God out on the highway. I actually made it here with my shining light still intact.  How?  Because I chose to focus on the destination, and not the trip.  Knowing I’d see my grandson soon was a lot more important than losing my joy over a crazy driver who’d would be out of my life forever in 30 seconds.  Let my light shine?  Yeah, that was a struggle more than once.  Focus!!!!  Destination!!!

Hey God, thank you for giving me traveling mercies today.  Thank you for giving me this verse, even if it made me laugh a little after my drive.  When I read it, I was thinking about today’s journey.  Then me, being me, God, I saw the big picture.  How many times do I get hung up on the trip and the “now” circumstances surrounding it?  Help me to remember that I should keep my focus on my eternal destination.  And God?  Help me to keep my light shining on the journey so others can see You in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment