Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Be Smart With Your Yes ~

Joshua 1:9  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


I go through days when I just want to quit.  Quit being a friend, quit doing the housework, quit my job…..Just quit and walk away.  I let my life become so overloaded that I lose my joy for the things that mean the most to me.  When I find myself feeling like this, I know I have lost my balance. I know that it is time to scrape some of the unnecessary things off of my plate.  I don’t want to spend my life doing for others what I cannot do for my own family.

I like to do for others.  But, I am learning that when I am already maxed out, I shouldn’t take on something else.  I have to cut corners to get it all done. I’m not giving my best to anybody, and truthfully, I begin to resent all of it.  And it’s my fault.

Hey God, it’s time for me to be strong and courageous.  Well, it’s time to suck it up, but I couldn’t find that in scripture. I need you, God, to help me balance this impossible load I’m carrying right now.  I know that You are with me even now, when I want to walk away.  Thank you for giving me the strength to finish what I have to do.  And next time, God, remind me that it’s ok to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment