Saturday, February 20, 2016

Grandchildren~

Proverbs 17:6 Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. ESV

I thought having my children was greatest joy in my life, until I had grandchildren.  Something happens to you as you get older.  Things that bothered you when your children were little, like handprints all over the table and windows, are just adorable now.  When the babies go home, I’ll wait a few days to wash the little smears off of the back door so I can look at those little handprints and remember the babies standing there.

Let me say that I love my children.  I’m so thankful that God allowed me to be a mother.  But when I was raising them, I didn’t realize just how precious the little things were.  When you are working, doing homework and housework, going to ballgames, and so forth, sometimes you are running on fumes just thankful to get a shower at night.  It’s not that way with grandchildren.  Grandchildren are perfect.  Everything they do is precious.  We think there has never been a more beautiful child born than our grandchild.  And they are so smart, too!  Why is that?  I think that it is because our grandchildren love us unconditionally.  We make them feel special.  They make us feel special.  We bring each other joy.  

Dear Jesus, thank you for allowing me to be a mom.  Thank you even more for allowing me to be a Mimi.  The time I get to spend with them is not nearly enough, but it is some of the best times of my life.  Joyful time in our busy lives is important.  Even though grandchildren wear me out, time with them renews my spirit.  They are truly the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment