Thursday, February 4, 2016

Baggage~

Hebrews 12:1  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. NLT

Witnesses..Life of faith...huge crowds...  We live in a fishbowl.  In the days of social media, everything we do is public.  As my life is changing, I am realizing that I have not always presented myself in a manner that was pleasing to God.  But here’s the deal..that is baggage and I’ve carried it long enough.  

I guess I will always have regrets.  What if I’d done this or that differently. Or I wish I hadn’t said whatever.  But I didn’t do this or that and I said whatever.  Baggage.   It’s weighing me down.  Jesus says that when I come to Him sincerely asking for forgiveness, that He removes my sin as far as the East is from the West.  So why am I still carrying it?  Satan keeps trying to get me to pick it back up by convincing me that I am not worthy, that I’m not forgiving, or that I’m never going to change.  I think that it is time that I strip off that weight of the baggage that is keeping me from doing God’s will.

Doing life well is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.  It’s a test of endurance.  It’s a chance to believe in yourself.  Today, God, I ask you to help me live this life of faith and run the race that you have set before me.  It’s time to put down the weight of yesterday’s baggage and believe that nothing I have done, am doing, or will do in the future cannot be forgiven.  Thank You for your mercy.  Thank You for Your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment