Friday, February 19, 2016

Wait Quietly~

Psalms 62:5  Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.  NLT

Wait quietly.  In this now season, I am experiencing some crazy changes in my life.  Some are really exciting and some…..well, some I don’t like at all.  I’m an instant gratification, impulsive kind of person.  I like control.  As God is preparing me for whatever it is that He wants me to do, I’m having to learn to wait.

Once, I heard a man say, “Pray to God, but don’t stop rowing for the shore.”  Yes.  This.
Do my part.  I cannot lay down at night and pray for God to change me (or my circumstances), then get up in the morning and pray for God to change me (or my circumstances)  and expect there to be this little “poof” in my life and suddenly, I’m changed. I can’t sit in the boat and pray for the wind to blow to get me to the shore. I need to do my part and keep rowing.  

Hey God, thank you for showing me this scripture.  You know I’m not good in the “wait” department.  Help me to continue to do better in my life.  Help me to continue to let go of the areas that I feel I need to control or move away from people  who I need to walk away from.  Some things take time, God.  Sometimes, You have to tear us down to build us back up.   Wait quietly.  I’ll work on that.  I know that something mighty is in my future, God.  Help me to keep rowing for the shore while I wait on Your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment