Saturday, February 6, 2016

Crossroads~

Jeremiah 42:3  “Pray that the LORD your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do." NIV

All my life, I have been a “fly by the seat of my pants” kind of person.  I’m very impulsive.  It’s nothing for me to be sitting here working one minute and get the urge to go see my parents or something, and just shut my computer down and be in the car heading to Georgia a few minutes later.  That’s a bad analogy, because time with my parents trumps work in this season of their lives, but you get what I’m saying.

I’m at a crossroad in my life right now.  My children are grown, my nest is almost empty.  What do I do with myself?  Instinct tells me to find something I love and jump in with both feet.  Yeah, well, I’ve learned that when I do that, I end up sinking over my head and regretting it.  Many times I have written in this blog about saying no, being overwhelmed, not taking on any more projects, choosing my family over work.  So why am I unsettled now?  Because I don’t know how to have quiet time in my life.  I don’t know how not to work.  I don’t know how to relax and enjoy life.  I’m not wired that way.

Hey God, Your word tells us to pray and wait on the answer.  I’ve got the praying down pretty good.  It’s the “wait” I find myself struggling with.  You know me.  You know where I am in my life.  Help me to slow down and listen to You.  In the months coming up, my work will overwhelm me again.  Teach me to enjoy this restful season.  Help me to know, to really know, what it is that You want me to do right now.  Thank You for showing me all of these new things in my life; things I have missed in my past because I didn’t wait on You.  I sure am glad you waited on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment