Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Insecurities ~

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.

Insecurities.  We all have them…...don’t we?  When you meet me, your first impression may be that I am this loud, outgoing, self-confident person who walks into a room and immediately takes the stage.  There are very few people that I cannot talk to.  There are very few fires that I cannot put out quickly.  I put on a great show.  But, that’s just it.  It’s all a show.

Over the past 15 years, I have learned to be very adaptable in social situations.  As wedding photographers, we work with a different set of clients every weekend.  Emotions run very high at events.  I have to have this “take charge” attitude or the “crazy” would get out of control.  But you know, one sentence from someone can make me spend the rest of the evening doubting myself, especially if my husband says something to me.  (remember the power of words post?)   If I don’t really watch myself, I will pay more attention to my insecurities than my job, and it will show in my work.

What are your insecurities?  Where do you lack faith in yourself?  Do you ever struggle with this pretend front that you show to people, while inside you doubt yourself?  Mine would be believing what others say to or about me.

God, help us to  know that insecurities are not from You.  Satan plants these negative thoughts in our heads to make us doubt ourselves.  Help us to remember that You made us who we are.  Give our hearts and minds peace when our insecurities threaten us.   Help us to remember that if we are good enough for You, then we are  “good enough”.

No comments:

Post a Comment