Saturday, June 25, 2016

Just As I Am ~

James 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. NIV

To say my life has been out of balance for the last two weeks would be a huge understatement.  Huge.  While most of the attention I have gotten has been positive, Satan has been busy attacking me at my weakest point.  Satan knows that for every 1000 “attagirl’s” I hear, all it takes is one “you’re not worthy” to destroy my confidence that I am doing God’s will.

The Bible tells us in Psalms 139:14 that we are “fearfully and wonderfully made”.  In Romans 5:8, the Bible says that even though we are sinners, Christ died for us.  In Romans 3:23….all have sinned.  I could go on and on, but you get my drift.  Am I worthy to write a Christian blog?  Absolutely not.  Nobody is perfect and sinless and whole.  Here’s the deal.  What if the only people who could serve God were the ones who never sinned?  

God, today, I thank You that You have convicted me of my shortcomings, yet You love me anyway.  I thank You for strong, Godly friends in my life who don’t mind telling me to …… “Stop….Just get yourself back in balance. Shut up and listen.”  I know that nothing I do on this earth is worthy of Your grace or Your mercy, but I sure do thank You for both.  Help me to hear Your voice, not the voices of those who Satan is using to speak negativity into my soul.  I am worthy, because I am Yours, just as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment