Friday, May 27, 2016

Waiting to React ~

Proverbs 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
NIV

I read a Meme this week that said, “Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice.”

That is so true.  Where I am in life is a direct result of choices I’ve made in the past.  I actually keep a list of, “Stupid things I’ve done and what I’ve learned from it”.  Sometimes, I remember the lessons.  Sometimes, I react with pure emotion.  Never, ever a good idea.

How we react to day to day situations play a huge part on the outcome.  One of the most difficult lessons for me to remember is to not react/try to fix/respond immediately, but to wait until my emotions “have some sense”.  Pray, wait, listen, trust in the Lord that when the time is right, He will give me the answer.  

God, a lot of women, including me, struggle with waiting on You in our day to day lives.  Friendship’s end, husband’s say something, kids are brats and so on.  Give us the strength to turn to You for guidance when we don’t understand how to “fix” these problems.  I know that getting my feelings hurt and reacting either in anger or defensively is not how You’d want me to react.  Help me work on the trust thing.  Teach me to have grace in this season of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment