Thursday, June 16, 2016

Remembering My Role ~

2 Corinthians 10:13  We, however, will not boast beyond proper limits, but will confine our boasting to the sphere of service God himself has assigned to us, a sphere that also includes you.  NIV

This has been one of the most overwhelming weeks of my life.  I got so consumed by what was going on with my social media page, that I really lost my balance.  I have had to work to remember that NOTHING I have, will have, have done, or will do comes from me.  Everything is a gift from God.  

For the past few months, I’ve been praying for a change of direction in my life.  I have been pretty frustrated with what I thought were unanswered prayers.  Stuck….just stuck.  Bored, burned out, and stuck.  So, God said, “Let me show you something.”

Within 24 hours, a photo that I made in my little home studio gave me recognition all over the world.  Every major network has shown the story.  Pretty cool, huh?  Yes and no.  I haven’t even been able to go pee without my phone ringing 16 times.  I found myself checking my Facebook page every few minutes.  I was consumed with worry and distracted from life.  And then there were the assholes.  I learned that there are some really, really hateful people who think it is their duty to say something nasty about everything.  I did a lot of “ban user” clicks this week.  

Today, I invited the Mom of the “viral baby” into my home for another photo session.  I needed to “give”.  I needed to “create”.  I needed to “be still and listen”.  I needed to find my balance.  We sat, we talked, we loved on Baby Aubrey.  I listened, I felt, I gave.  I found my balance.

God, thank You for teaching me a very valuable lesson this week.  I am so thankful that You used me to give Kathryn and Aubrey such a personal and now world-known image.  But thank you even more for showing me that I’m content being Kim Anderson Stone from Jakin, Georgia.  I am a giver, because You use me best in that role.  

No comments:

Post a Comment