Friday, June 10, 2016

Choices ~

Proverbs 22:3  A prudent person forsees danger and takes precautions,  The simpleton goes blindly and suffers the consequences.  NLT

I turned 57 on Wednesday.  I don’t like birthdays at all.  That’s 3 years from 60…  dang… My sweet husband said all of the right words, talking about “the alternative” and being kind. He spent the day making my birthday wonderful.  But still, I have been a little all in my emotions this week.

Where I am in my life is a direct result of the decisions I have made.  I’m an impulsive person.  It has taken me all of my life to learn to pray first, THINK about my decision, and wait.  I hate to wait.  I want what I want when I want it and how I want it.  I want everybody else to want what I want, too.  Slowly, I am learning that if I have the slightest little feeling of doubt in my heart about something, then the answer should be “no”.   If I had done this or that differently, my life would have taking a different path and I would be at a different destination today.  Don’t get me wrong.  I have a good life.  I just know that if I’d made better decisions, I’d have a much better life.  I know that everyone has regrets, we can’t change the past, and all of the other cliches’ we use.  Heard them, said them.

So now what?

God, today, I ask You to work on my stubborness to be obedient to You.  I cannot change my impulsive decisions of my past, but I can listen to You for my future.   Where I will be tomorrow, next week, even next year will be a result of the decision I make today.  What I want for me depends on what I choose for me.  Help me to choose wisely.  Help me to seek Your guidance for what You have in store for me. Thank You for your grace as I work to find balance in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment