Saturday, December 5, 2015

See With Your Heart ~
Matthew 6:21  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. ESV
As a photographer, I depend on my eyes and camera lens to do my job efficiently and effectively.
At a wedding, there is so much going on that it can be hard to retain focus.  Everybody wants something from you.  You are surrounded by people you’ve never met and they all have different personalities.  I have to think on my feet and become adaptable to these personalities.  I have to know when to talk, when to be quiet, when to step in and problem solve, and when to step away.  It is fast paced and emotions are on red alert most of the time
Sometimes, my eyes get in the way of the true story of what I am documenting.  Sometimes, I have to turn off the distractions, close my eyes, and see with my heart.  I’m looking for that one precious image that stops time.  I am looking to document a treasure for my client.
If I can “turn off” the world when I am at work, then certainly I can “turn off” the world when I sit down to study His word.  I cannot be distracted by the laundry that needs folding or dishes that need washing.  I have to remember that He has a purpose for my life, and I promise you, I won’t find it on my iPhone, the TV, the household chores, or any other distraction. I have to get in a quiet place and close my eyes and ears to the chaos around me. I have to “see Him with my heart”.  I have to let Jesus Christ be the precious image that I am looking for.  He has already documented it….years ago…on Calvary.  God closed His eyes to the fact that it was His only son on that cross.  He closed His ears to the cries of the crowds.  He only saw with His heart the love and compassion He has for us.
Our Heavenly Father, help me to turn off the world around me.  Help me to find treasure in your word.  Help my heart be filled with You.  Help me remember that I owe You the same respect that You freely give to me.  Thank You for loving me.  Thank You for Your patience with me.  My eyes will not see you while I am on this earth, but when I close my eyes, I see Your precious image in my heart.  Thank you for Your grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment