Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Giving Grace

Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

My little family went Christmas shopping yesterday.  We sure did enjoy the day together until we went into one particular store that was having a super sale.  People were bumping into me and snatching and I almost had a total meltdown right there in the lotion aisle.  I wasn’t the only one, either.  I looked up and made eye contact with another lady.  We giggled because we were thinking the very same thing…..
“Get me out of this mess before I show up on the 6:00 news.”

What is wrong with people?  Have we gotten so greedy that we have to be rude to save a dollar?  I sure had to struggle to remember my Bible verse for today.  It would have been the perfect occasion to do the “I cuss a little” part of my blog title, but I didn’t.  Instead, I began to wish everyone who bumped into me a  “Merry Christmas”. I had to really work hard to mean it, but I said it.  I'm not sure it meant anything to anyone else, but it changed my attitude.

Giving grace.  Building others up.  Kindness and tolerance.  It isn’t always easy for sure, but if ever there was a time in history to practice grace, it would be now.  I sure hope that all of you have a drama free time with your friends and family.  Be thankful for every minute of time you get to spend with them.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment