Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cube Steak and Gratefulness ~

Proverbs 25:24  It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife. ESV


Social media is full of all of these wives who post their Betty Crocker cooking accomplishments every night.  Last night, I was thinking of them as I was slamming pot lids and hating every second of making dinner.  I....hate….to….cook....  I can cook, but nothing about it brings me joy.
Last night while I’m frying meat and making biscuits and probably cussin’ a little, it hit me.  I need to be grateful that I have a family to feed.  I need to get my attitude right before I call my family in to eat.  My son is almost 20.  Soon, I will miss him eating us out of house and home.  Soon, I will have to learn to cook for just the two of us.  Setting the tone of my household.  Sigh.

God, sometimes You get my attention at the strangest moments, but it’s always the right moments.  My life won’t always be like this.  Help me to enjoy every moment instead of resenting them.  Every women has things in their lives that they just don’t enjoy doing.  Help us to realize that everything we do for our family is a gift.  Having a family is a gift.  Will I cook dinner tonight with a joyful heart?  Probably not.  But, I can work on my grateful heart that I have a family to feed in this season of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment