Monday, May 23, 2016

Staying in "Like"~

2 Timothy 4:17  “But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength…..”  NIV

Sometimes, my husband just gets on my damn nerves.  You guys will just have to excuse that statement.  It’s one of those “I cuss a little” days.  I won’t go into detail, I’ll just say, “Bless his heart.”  If you’re Southern, you’ll understand.

Being in love is easy.  Being in “like”, however, is not.  There are days when I just do not like the man I love.  I would bet all of my best marbles that he feels the same way about me at times.  (Probably more than I’d like to admit).  You know those days when you have to practice all of your Bible verses about kindness, forgiveness, tolerance, and the whole 13th Chapter of 1st Corinthians.  I have to sing a verse or two of “Jesus Hold My Hand”, too.

God, please help me to remember that my husband is precious in Your eyes.  You love him just like he is.  Today, I’ve struggled to like this man I love.  Help me to see him as You see him.  Give me a grateful heart that I have a good husband.  Thank you for standing with me and giving me strength as I work to get my attitude right.  And thank You for forgiving me for cussing...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment