Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Grandchildren ~

Proverbs 17:6  Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the pride of children is their parents. ISV

Grandchildren...I wish I’d had them first.  Between the two of us, we have 8 perfect little angels, ranging from 16 years old to 9 months old.  I love them all so much.  

I don’t get to see them as much as I’d like to, but when I do, I’m just amazed at how smart, funny, well-behaved, and … well, ‘perfect’ they are.
I am so much more tolerant with my grandchildren than I was with my children.  My son tells me all the time to make them mind, or “Mama, you’d have beat our butts if we did that.”  I do make them mind, just not much.  The rule at Mimi’s house is “no tattling unless there is blood”.  

God, thank you for my many blessings; all 8 of them.  Thank you for my children, too.  You gave me such wonderful children, but you absolutely showed out on my grandchildren.   They are truly the crown of this season in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment