Monday, April 25, 2016

Children Make You Crazy ~

James 4:1   What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? ESV

My daughter makes me crazy.  She is defiant, hard-headed, stubborn, controlling, and always has to have the last word. She is a literal thinker and assumes every word that I say to her has a hidden meaning. She is exasperating!! (do people still even use the word “exasperating”). My daughter can push every button I have in seconds. My daughter….

I don't like it when I'm in the middle of being pissed off and God says, “Hey now. You're mad at your child.  She has these terrible character traits. She is hot-headed and controlling. She speaks her mind. Hmmmm. I know exactly how you feel. She reminds me of…..you.”  

God, as your child, I can only imagine how “exasperating” I am to You.  Today, I had a reality check.  Sometimes You have to put it right in my face to make me see it.  I’m so thankful You don’t don’t see us through human eyes, but with love, compassion, understanding and grace.  This year of the onion….geez...

No comments:

Post a Comment