Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Power of Suggestion ~

2 Timothy 1:7  For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.  NIV

Someone made a statement to me recently that I have no business writing a Christian blog.  I cannot even tell you how much that one statement wrecked me.  It made me doubt myself, my faith, my self-worth.  Am I writing this blog for me or if is it truly God’s will for me right now?

I’m telling you, the ‘power of suggestion’ is powerful.  I’ve made excuses, hem-hawed, been “too tired” to read my Bible when I laid down to sleep, and have slowly got out of the habits that I enjoyed.  In return, I have been miserable.  I have been out of balance.  I know I’m not in God’s will, but I let a few words, said in anger, have power over me.  In other words, Satan found exactly where I am weak and attacked me there.

God, I am filled with self-doubt and mind-blocks lately.  I don’t have ideas about posts.  I know why, though.  I’m depending on me, instead of You and Your word to fill my heart.  Thank You for letting my conscious bother me so much that I turned to You for guidance.  I know that a simple blog post from me is not going to change the world, but it will change me.  Hopefully, the change in me will reach someone who needs You.

No comments:

Post a Comment