Monday, July 25, 2016

Just A Stepson ~

1 Timothy 5:8. But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. ESV

You guys know I work as a photographer.  Recently, I had a job that truly was more than I could stand and I ended up probably voicing more of my opinion than was necessary.  But, hey...you know. 

Picture a mom and dad, an adorable little 2 year old, and a very quiet young boy who was 12. The little one was definitely the “star”.  As we began the session, the mom said to me, “I just want the three of us in most of the family photos.  He's just my stepson,” pointing to the 12 year old.  This old heart broke.  Then it ran hot. Then I showed my butt some. I think I was madder at the dad who let this happen more than anything.  I told her as nicely as I could that I have “bonus” children of my own and I would not exclude a child and be the one who makes them feel less than welcome in your new family. 

God, I'm not supposed to be rude to customers, I know, but I was. Thank You for giving me the opportunity to be a mom to stepchildren. I know there were times I failed them miserably. Thank You for giving me the feeling that those two are MY children, although someone else gave birth to them, because they are part of my husband.  Sorry I showed out. Maybe it will help that dad show up for his son in the future.  Forgive me for “judging”.  I didn't cuss….does that count?


No comments:

Post a Comment