Thursday, August 25, 2016

All He Wants Me To Be ~

Philippians 3:12  I don’t mean to say I am perfect.  I haven’t learned all I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be.

For a few days, when I lay down at night to read my Bible, I keep coming back to this verse.  Just one more lesson in “God’s timing”.

I got my boat overloaded these last few days.  I’ve shorted out, had a fit, worked too hard, got a headache from that, dealt with some humdingers of people, cussed a little, and kept everything else going at the same time.  Yesterday, I was editing pictures, trying to book a wedding with one person, writing a contract for another person, ordering canvases, and cooking dinner all at once.  But I wasn’t doing any of these tasks perfectly.

I can do all of that at once  because that’s how I thrive.  We are all designed in a unique way.  We all have gifts and goals.  God has a plan and a purpose for us.  All week, I needed to be reminded that, while I can multi task, I’m far from being all that God wants me to be.  Sometimes He needs me to “be still”.  I suck at “being still”, but I am learning.

God, You keep teaching me new lessons every day.  Tonight, I surrendered to Your word.  I will keep working towards that day when I can be all that You designed me to be.  Thanks for the head bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment