Thursday, August 18, 2016

Refocused ~

Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. NIV

This week, my family and I took a little vacation.  All week, I’ve been praying for guidance on what to write about in my next blog post. Lately, I’ve let life get in the way of my devotions, my time with God, my writings.  I sit down to research, to read, to have quiet time, and I’d be totally distracted by something.  Tonight, I walked on the beach, waiting for the moon to come out, and spent some time with God.  

I watched the waves come in and go out.  I watched the sand shift, the shells wash ashore.  I watched the little crabs skitter here and there.  I watched the sun set and the moon rise.  Then it hit me.  Everywhere we look, every moment of everyday, things are changing.  Nothing ever stays still.  Our lives, like the ocean, are constantly shifting and changing.  Our children grow up.  Our marriages change from young love to contented love.  Our parents really begin to show their age.  Our world becomes out of balance.  Everything changes, except God.

God, today as I was walking down this magnificent beach watching a beautiful full moon rise, I was so aware of how consistent You are.  You never leave us, even when we leave You with our ever-changing, fast-paced, distracted lives.  You will always be there when we settle ourselves and refocus on You.  You are the same today as You will be tomorrow.  You never change.  For that, I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment