Monday, August 29, 2016

Oh ~

Psalm 107:13  “LORD, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress.” NIV

It’s Monday morning after a heck of a weekend.  I’m thinking, as I’m sending out replies to emails, phone calls, etc. and getting quite pissy at the number of people who want “deals” or “free” from me.  They don’t even know my name until I offer a bargain, then all of a sudden….messages from everybody.

And then it happened.  I was so convicted.  Like “convicted to tears” convicted.  How many times have I blown through life, happy as a lark, forgetting to praise God for all of the goodness that I have all the things He has done for me, all of my blessings?  But let something go terribly wrong, and all of a sudden, I’m sending message after message to Him.  All of a sudden, I need Him.  

God, I am so sorry that I take You for granted.  It seems that I’m acting pretty human again.   You carry me, even when I don’t remember You.  You give me strength.  You protect me in all of my travel.  You give me rest.  Thank You for that moment of conviction.  Everything I receive from You is a “deal” or is “free”.  Thank You for letting me be a work in progress, yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment