Monday, July 18, 2016

Not by Myself ~

Philippians 4:13  I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.  NIV

My life would be so much more peaceful if I would remember this verse.  I’m all good with praising God when things are going great in my life.  When things start to spiral, I tend to forget where my strength comes from.  

In a perfect, self-satisfying world, I could control everything.  Everybody would be nice and do things my way.  Nobody would give me problems.  My kids would behave.  My husband would clean up after himself.  My work clients would be all sunshine and roses.  But you know what?  Life is not perfect.  I have the wrong goal of being “self-satisfied”.  I know that in my heart, I’m supposed to give everything to God, especially in the times I struggle.  

God, I have no problem giving You all of the glory when things are good.  I fail miserably when I need You.  I try to take over and fix all of my problems without seeking Your guidance or submitting myself to You.  I’m still learning.  Things fall apart when I try to “do all things” by myself.  Help me remember where my strength really comes from.  Thank You for your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment