Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Create In Me ~

Psalm 51:10  “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me”

I’m not good with the Christmas season.  I’m “one of those” people who would just rather skip the whole month.  Now, I love the story of Jesus being born, the “real” Christmas.  I just am not all about the rest.  Let me tell you why.  I love my family.  I love my grandchildren.  But, we usually sit at home alone on Christmas Day because my kids have so many places to be over the holidays.  It has turned into a stress-filled marathon for them.  And, I refuse to fall into the “buy the best gift” debt trap for my grandchildren.  You can’t buy love.  You just can’t.  

So many people have let this commercialized mess get out of hand.  What has happened to us?  How many of you moms are so darn stressed out because you can’t find the one thing your child really wants this year so they can have something they really don’t even want because it’s what their friends are getting?  How many of you mom’s who are my age want what no amount of money in the world could buy…..time with your family…?


God, I’m struggling today.  It’s time to put up a tree and decorate the house.  It’s time for me to put aside my sadness and focus on the treasures You have given me.  Time is time.  It’s been a good lesson for me.  I want my children to spend time with me.  You want Your children to spend time with You.  Create in me, God.  Create in me the joy of remembering the birth of Your Son, the true meaning of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment