Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I Want ~

Colossians 3:17  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.  NIV

It’s been awhile since I have written a blog post.   I’ve had what I thought was writer’s block.  I couldn’t come up with words, or topics, or idea.  I was empty.  A few days ago, I was standing in the shower, praying for God to show me what was going on.  I asked if He remembered my plan.  I want to help women, God.  Remember?  I want to inspire people.  I want to let women know that it’s ok to struggle because God has you always.  I want to write, God.  

Plain as day, God said…..”I”.   Oh wow.  Just wow.  I’m throwing out all of these, “I want this and I want that’s” and God said “It’s not all about you, Kim.  That is not why you write.  You write because I chose to use you as a vessel to tell people about Me.  You need to remember that.”


God, it says in Your word that whatever we do, we should do it in the name of Jesus.  I forgot.  I guess we all go through periods in our lives to where we lose focus on why we are doing the things we do.  We get caught up in the praise and forget that we are all servants.  These grand ideas shouldn't just pop into our heads, work out, and leave us with a “look what I did” little moment.  Help all of us remember that it is You who gave us the little idea. It is You you who directs our steps.  It is You who put us in the paths of those You want us to help and throw us directly into the path of someone who can change our lives.  Thanking You, in the name of the Lord Jesus,’for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment